We welcome our Gold Patrons, Benefactors, and The Conductor's Circle to join us on our tours in 2024. Travel with us and get to know the orchestra better!
Details of upcoming tours will be coming soon, in the meantime, please save the following dates in your diary.
- Brugge│June 4–8, 2024
- Spoleto│June 27–30, 2024
We have more tour experiences in the pipeline for 2024, which will be announced later.
From the program of our previous tours:
Rome | October 13–17, 2023
In 2023, the BFO's Bridging Europe program focuses on Rome, the eternal city renowned for its unrivaled beauty, where we offer a bespoke musical and cultural experience exclusively tailored for our supporters. Embark on guided tours that unveil the secrets of Rome, usually hidden from tourists, immerse yourself in the world of Renaissance and Baroque architecture, exquisite fine art, and the flavors of Italian gastronomy and witness the masterful baton of Iván Fischer as he leads the world-renowned Santa Cecilia Orchestra the day before his performance with the BFO, while our talented musicians take center stage for an enchanting chamber concert.
The tour program includes:
- Sightseeing walk (Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Spanish Steps)
- Bridging Europe concert by the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia Orchestra and Choir, conducted by Iván Fischer
- Walk through the Trastevere to the Gianicolo hill, Chiesa di San Francesco a Ripa with Bernini's statue of Blessed Ludovica Albertoni, Basilica of Santa Cecilia, the convent of the nuns of the patron saint of music, where Cavallini's fresco The Last Judgement is on display)
- Bridging Europe concert by the Budapest Festival Orchestra
- Visit to the Hungarian Academy of Rome, Palazzo Falconieri (guided tour, library visit)
- Visit to the Galleria Spada's 16th-17th century art collection (Secret Garden, Prospettiva – by Borromini, a false perspective entrance hall, with a decreasing height colonnade and rising floor level, making the 8 m corridor appear 37 m long)
- Aperitivo on the roof terrace of one of Rome's iconic hotels
- Chamber music concert by the musicians of the BFO
Price for double occupancy: €1,249 per person, single occupancy: €1,789 per person.
Vicenza | 27-30 October, 2023
Among the rolling hills of the Veneto, Vicenza is perhaps most beautiful in October. Golden sunshine, Italian gastronomy, the best prosecco and one of the breathtaking wonders of our architectural heritage, Palladio's Teatro Olimpico, await you in this wonderful city. In addition to the BFO's opera performance and special concert, we invite you to an exceptional wine tasting and visits of Verona and Padua.
The tour program includes:
- BFO concert: Iván Fischer explores pieces, declared decadent, of composers repressed during the Third Reich.
- Pelléas and Mélisande: opera performance at the Teatro Olimpico
- Visiting the most famous palaces of Andrea Palladio (La Rotonda, Villa Valmarana) and the Basilica of the Virgin Mary on Monte Berico
- Excursion to Verona, followed by a wine tasting and a visit at the 18th century Venetian-style estate, Villa Mosconi
- Excursion to Padua and viewing Giotto's masterpiece, the Scrovegni Chapel
- Contemporary exhibition at the Fondaziona Coppola, housed in a 12th century building with a view of the city from its tower
Participation fee for double occupancy: €990 per person, for single occupancy: €1,160 per person
What is included in the participation fees?
The participation fees include accommodation with breakfast, airport transfers for the flights recommended by the BFO, tickets for BFO performances, special programs listed in the description (applies for a minimum of 8 guests), as well as Hungarian and English-speaking assistance during the trip.
Participation fees do not include airfare and insurance. We will be happy to recommend flights and arrange flight reservations if required.
If you are interested in joining us on tour, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +36 1 882 7671 or +36 70 425 35 99.