We invite British music lovers to join the BFOBFO – the British Friends of the Budapest Festival Orchestra to share the joy of music. Join us and be a part of this prestigious international community with Friends groups in the UK, USA, Switzerland, and Germany.
The BFO depends upon the support of corporate and private sponsors to maintain its standing in the top echelons of international music ensembles. Your donation also funds innovative community-building and educational programs to allow new audiences and new generations to hear music making at its very best.
The Budapest Festival Orchestra has not been back in the UK since its highly successful Barbican events with Sir András Schiff in 2019. Due to Covid, we had to cancel numerous concerts, including a BBC Proms event in 2020. In February, the BFO finally returns to its beloved London, to offer audiences two evenings of Stravinsky’s miraculous music, as well as two Family Concerts and an autism-friendly Cocoa Concert. The soloists will be Patricia Kopatchinskaja (on February 17) and Nicolas Namoradze (on February 18). Find out more about our concerts at the Southbank Centre here and here. We look forward to seeing our British Friends soon!
Besides its concerts in London, the BFO offers exclusive experiences to its British Friends.
● Meet and greet with Ivan Fischer in London (Patrons only)
● Tour participation and sharing the orchestra’s success in the world’s most prestigious concert halls (costs apply)
● Music-themed long weekend in Budapest twice a year: the winter package includes the BFO's Annual Ball, the summer package includes a gastro and wine event in the Hungarian countryside. The 2022 events take place between January 28–30 and May 13–16 and include behind the scenes meetings, city walks, concerts, gastronomy events and 5* hotel accommodation (costs apply). Please email email@example.com for details!
● Monthly newsletter with exclusive information
● The BFOBFO offers two membership tiers: a yearly donation of £500 for Friends, and £2000 for Patrons.
To join or to receive more information on the British Friends of the Budapest Festival Orchestra and the club’s events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to
2 Keats Grove